With a wide variety of medicinal uses, this salve truly is magic. It is moisturizing for dry, itchy skin, such as eczema. Its medicinal herbal properties reduce pain, promote healing of bruises and sprains.
A British sports journal found comfrey used topically reduced acute back pain by 95% in the comfrey treated group, as opposed to 37% in the placebo group.
Here is a quick run-down of the ingredients in our herbal magic salve.
- CALENDULA- antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial. The resins in this herb are also anti-fungal. The herb astringes the capillaries, an action that explains its effectiveness for cuts and wounds.
- COMFREY-Contains allantonin a substance which has been shown to promotes new skin cell growth. Healing especially in dry irritated skin. Comfrey also promotes healing of bruises, fractures, and sprains.
- Echinacea- loaded with antioxidants moisturizing
- LAVENDER ESSENTIAL OIL- Lavender is strongly anti-septic, helping to heal wounds, burns and sores. Relieves muscle spasms, reduces pain, and is soothing to the skin.
- MANUKA ESSENTIAL OIL- Although sometimes called tea tree, it differs in composition, origin, and source. The leaves are steam distilled. It’s gentle, herbaceous aroma is calming, but is a powerhouse for all things skin. Soothing dry, itchy skin like eczema, and providing relief to red inflamed skin.
- CHAMOMILE ESSENTIAL OIL – Extremely calming, anti-spasmodic. Useful for skin issues such as inflammation.
- AVOCADO OIL- Avocado oil is a heart-healthy oil, high in oleic acid, which is an unsaturated fat. It contains vitamin E and also helps the body absorb other fat-soluble vitamins. Avocado oil is a good source of monounsaturated fat which has been linked to reducing LDL cholesterol and increasing HDL cholesterol.
If stored properly, out of direct sunlight and moisture will last 6 months to a year.
These offerings are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent diseases.
This all purpose salve is a must have in your stash. I use this for all ochies that my little ones get and they love having it to use.
This magic has also helped me through a terrible candida rash on my underarms. I had tried multiple things prior with no luck, this salve did the trick in taking away the itch and soothing my inflamed skin.
Please do yourself a favor and put this in your medicine cabinet!