- Apple Cider Vinegar – digestive aid.
- Horseradish – diuretic and promotes perspiration, making it useful during colds, and flu. Relieves sinus congestion, and headaches. Natural antibiotic. After being crushed the sinigrin produces what is called ‘allyl isothiocyanate’ which is an antibiotic substance.
- Garlic – contains vitamins A, B, C, and E. Anti-bacterial, anti-microbial. The natural antibiotic was used before the development of antibiotics. (Fun fact- in the First World War they dressed wounds with garlic.) Expectorant, which reduces mucus. Helps lower cholesterol.
- Lemon – abundant in Vitamin C. antioxidant, a key nutrient needed in order to produce collagen. Scientifically proven that vitamin C is necessary for the immune system to mount and sustain an adequate response against pathogens.
- Orange – abdunant in Vitamin C a key nutrient needed in order to produce collagen. High in folate which supports nervous system health.
- Cinnamon – antiviral, prebiotic gut health.
- Onion – is a natural expectorant and can help to rid the lungs of congestion by thinning out secretions
- Jalapeno – rich in vitamins A, C, and Potassium. Carotene an antioxidant that helps fight damage to your cells. Folate, and Vit K, and B vitamins. Capsaicin. Stimulates the immune system and speeds up cell recovery.
- Ghost Pepper – Circulation stimulant, has been shown to relieve pressure headaches.
- Turmeric – anti-inflammatory, eases stomach pain, antioxidant. Anti-bacterial. Improves circulation.
- Ohio Raw Honey – anti-bacterial, anti-microbial, and anti-inflammatory. Honey is used in this recipe to marry everything together and mellow the spicy powerhouse herbs. Not only for your taste buds but your entire digestive system.
Directions: For immune support: 1 tsp daily. (12 servings)
For illness or possible exposure to illness: 1 tbsp up to 4x daily for 2 days (8 servings)
For children over one; cut dose in half.
Please consult your health care physician if you are on any medication, especially blood-clotting medicine. Use with caution if you have ulcers or esophagus issues.