What is Earthing?
Earthing also known as grounding has been cherished by ancient cultures for centuries.
Earthing is the discovery of being able to harness the natural energy from the earth by simply walking or making direct contact with the earth.
Throughout history, humans have had direct, physical contact with the earth through walking, standing, sitting or sleeping on the ground. It is through this contact that electrons from the earth are transferred into the body thus providing a natural healing energy. With this practice one can revitalize the body- by reducing inflammation which also reduces pain.
How Does Earthing Work?
The Journal of Environmental and Public Health takes a deeper look at earthing and suggests that instead of looking at the negative impact of environmental factors, we look at the positive ones. Through this refocusing, it’s been revealed that there are benefits to the human body that the environment is providing.
- Normalizing functions: The earth’s surface puts out free or mobile electrons continuously, which can create a stable internal bioelectrical environment in the human body. This aligns the body’s systems for regulating circadian rhythms, balancing cortisol, and setting the biological clock.
- Skin is a conductor: By placing your feet or other bare skin onto the earth’s surface, you can receive electricity from the earth.
- Electricity then chemistry: The human body depends on electricity to function, there are electrical signals that control the brain, heart, and neurotransmitter activity. Then the body’s chemistry comes into play.
Benefits of Earthing
- Stress Relief
- Reduction in pain and inflammation
- Improved sleep
- Improved metabolism
- Speeds Healing and Recovery
Only together will we be able to bridge the gap between ancient tradition and newly emerging scientific research. With the support and knowledge coming together in a synergistic form from both communities’ is when humanity will truly heal.